BACKACHE DURING PREGNANCY
Backache during pregnancy is very common symptom which affects pregnant women’s day today life. The main reason for backache is increasing weight of the developing baby which changes your posture and places strain on your back. This often leads to pregnancy related backache.
Following things may help you to reduce backache:
• Avoid lifting of heavy objects.
• Bend your knees while picking things up. Do not bend at the waist.
• Wear soft abdominal support girdles.
• Do not stand for long periods of time.
• Sit in a chair with good back support.
• Sleep on your side with a pillow between your legs.
• Wear low-heeled or flat shoes.
• Apply hot or cold compress on the particular area.
• Massage the affected area.
• Try aromatherapy oils for massage to soothe your frayed nerves. Make sure to tell the masseuse that you’re pregnant.
• Perform special exercises to correct your posture and maintain it throughout the pregnancy.
• Regularly practice yoga to keep yourself fit and healthy.
Find more information on pre-pregnancy planning, infertility, healthy pregnancy, obstetric care, labor and delivery, postpartum wellness, and related topics.
Aromatherapy during Pregnancy
Return to Home from Backache during Pregnancy