BENEFITS OF BRINJAL
Medicinal uses and benefits of brinjal are discussed here. It is supposed to possess many medicinal properties and is used as a remedy for cancer, hypertension and diabetes. Brinjal is high in water content and potassium. This is an excellent cholesterol regulator.
They are a very good source of Dietary Fiber, the famous plant compound that our bodies need for proper digestion. Dietary Fiber also helps in the areas of weight loss (by making us feel fuller for longer), diabetes management, and heart health. Speaking of heart health, eggplant is also naturally low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BRINJAL –
Because of nutritional value of brinjal, it helps in maintenance of good health. Let’s find out health benefits of this vegetable.
1. It is very effective too, when used externally in a fat or oil-based preparation to relieve haemorrhoid discomfort.
2. It is very nutritious.
3. It is an anti-diabetic and to keep a check on diabetes.
4. It reduces swellings of legs; its decoction is applied gradually over the affected parts.
5. Crush the fruit and squeeze juice. Apply juice on palm and sole. It will control perspiration acting as sweat preventive.
6. The fruit of the plant is used as an antidote in cases of mushroom poisoning.
7. If eggplant is taken in its mashed form or as soup with asafoetida and garlic, it cures flatulence.
8. Taking soft and baked eggplant with honey in the evening helps in having a sound sleep. You can use it to cure insomnia.
9. Eating eggplants roasted on fire after putting some salt into it cures excessive phlegm and wind humor of the body.
10. Eating soft eggplant after baking it on fire and with raw sugar on empty stomach in the morning cures the enlarged spleen due to malaria.
• Brinjal is not beneficial for person having excessive bile humor and one who has acidity problem.
• Pregnant woman should avoid its use.
• In Traditional Chinese Medicine, all parts of the plant can be used to stop intestinal bleeding.
Return to HOME
Return to Vegetables from Benefits of Brinjal