BENEFITS OF DATES
Health benefits of dates have made them the best nourishment for muscles development. People consume dates in several ways, like mixing the paste of the dates with milk, yoghurt or with bread or butter to make the food tasty and healthy. This paste is beneficial for both adults and children, especially during the time of recovery.
According to the modern medicine survey, it is known that dates are useful in preventing abdominal cancer.
Health benefits of dates are uncountable, as this fruit is affluent in natural fibers. Dates are even rich in several vitamins and minerals. These natural products contain oil, calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium which are advantageous for health. It is said that consumption of one date daily is necessary for a balanced and healthy diet.
MEDICINAL USES –
1. Dates are demulcent, expectorant and laxative and are used in respiratory diseases and fever.
2. They are also reported to be used in cases of memory disturbance.
3. Dates are powerful nutritious fruit, useful in anemia.
4. It is aphrodisiac in nature.
5. Dried dates soaked in milk are highly nutritious and give vitality.
6. Date is prescribed in asthma, chest complaint and cough.
7. It is also useful in gonorrhea.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF DATES
1. Healthy Heart –
Dates helps in maintaining your heart in a healthy condition. Soak handful of dates overnight and crush them in the morning before consuming. They prove to be quite advantageous for weak heart. They help in fortification when taken twice in a week.
2. Abdominal Cancer –
According to the modern medicine survey, it is known that dates are useful in preventing abdominal cancer. American Cancer Society recommends intake of 20-35 grams of dietary fiber in a day, supplied through dates.
Dates are also beneficial for curing abdominal cancer. They are easily digested and used for supplying extra energy needed while combating cancer.
3. Intestinal Disorders –
Dates have nicotinic content that is said to be beneficial for curing any kinds of intestinal disorders. Regular intake of dates helps to maintain a check on the growth of the pathological organisms. It also helps in the rise of friendly bacteria in the intestines.
4. Weight Gain – Dates consist of sugar, fats, proteins as well as many essential vitamins. They became a part of healthy diet. If you consume dates with the paste of cucumber, you can easily gain desirable weight within few days. One kilogram of dates contains almost 3,000 calories. These calories alone are sufficient to meet the daily requirements of a human body.
5. Intoxication –
Dates are known as an excellent remedy for alcoholic intoxication. Dates provide quick relief in such cases of alcoholic intoxication. They should be soaked overnight to get more nutritious value.
6. Sexual Weakness –
Dates are very useful in increasing sexual endurance and sterility caused due to functional disorders. Soak handful of dates in fresh goat’s milk for the night and then grind them in the same milk with the mixture of cardamom powder and honey. It is acts as a tonic.
7. Constipation –
Dates are laxative in nature. They are beneficial for people suffering from constipation. For getting the laxative effect from dates, you need to soak dates for one full night in water. You should consume these soaked dates in the morning like syrup to get their actual advantages.
It is also seen that – breaking fast with eating dates along with water helps us to avoid overeating of the food after the fast. When the body absorbs the nutritional value of the dates, the feeling of hunger gets pacified.
PREVIOUS ARTICLE - DATES NUTRITION
Return to HOME
Reurn to Fruits and Vegetables to know more....