JUJUBE FRUIT BENEFITS
Jujube fruit benefits are well known since ancient times. Jujube fruit is used as herbal medicine for thousands of years in China and other Asian countries. As this fruit is highly nutritious and packed with various vitamins and minerals, it helps in the formation and maintenance of the blood stream, body hormones, bones, muscles, skin, hair, body enzymes and neurotransmitters.
Jujube fruit has potent health benefits. It has calming properties and is a good source of natural antioxidants.
Consumption and dosage of the jujube fruit entirely depends on the severity of the medical condition which is being treated. However, 10 gm to 30 gm is the ideal amount of jujube fruit extract which must be consumed by the patient.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF JUJUBE
Jujube fruit benefits are mainly offered by the nutrients present in it.
1. The unripe fruit increases thirst, lessens expectoration and biliousness.
2. Because of mucilaginous property of the fruit, it acts as herbal medicine to treat sore throat.
3. As this fruit is high in vitamin A, C and potassium, it strengthens the immune system of the body. Thus it helps in prevention of common colds and cough.
4. It helps in the formation and maintenance of the blood stream, body hormones, bones, muscles, skin, hair, body enzymes and neurotransmitters.
5. It is also loaded with 18 out of the 24 important amino acids. It helps in the formation of more than 50,000 proteins of the body. All this, actually triggers the wound healing process.
6. It has soothing effect on the nervous system and acts as a natural sedative.
7. It relieves stress and anxiety.
8. Jujube fruit helps lower blood pressure.
9. Jujube fruit boosts your immune system.
10. Jujube helps cure some of the liver diseases. It is found that the jujube offers protection against liver injury by acting as an antioxidant.
11. Jujube fruit is used to treat anemia and purpura.
12. It has anti-oxidant properties. So it helps in delaying the process of skin aging.
13. One of the most important jujube fruit benefits is that it inhibits the growth and movement of free radicals. Vitamin C is a good antioxidant and helps to control the growth of the tumor causing cells and cells that can lead to cancers.
14. The berries are blood purifier and an aid to digestion.
15. The ripe fruit is sweet, sour, and has flavor, not good for digestion; causes diarrhea in large doses.
16. When jujube extract is combined with certain herbs like ginger, licorice, and mint, it soothes achy throat muscles.
17. The jujube extract is useful in control of cold and flu (fever).
18. It has anti-carcinogenic properties.
19. According to the recent study, water extract of the jujube fruit was found effective for inhibiting the tumor causing cells and cells that can lead to leukemia.
20. Jujube extracts are also used to manufacture skin care products to reduce wrinkles, dryness, redness, swelling and for relief from sunburn.
Read about -
JUJUBE EXTRACT (JUJUBE TEA) and It’s BENEFITS..
Other jujube fruit benefits –
Other uses of this fruit includes:
21. The dried ripe fruit is a mild laxative and expectorant.
22. The fruit seed is astringent; tonic to the heart and brain; allays thirst.
23. The seed is an aid to digestion.
24. The alkaloids and other chemicals present in the jujube seed can help you get rid of anxiety and provide antioxidant protection to cells.
25. The seeds are also reported to have a sedative effect and recommended as a soporific.
26. An ointment made of the seeds with some bland oil is locally used as a liniment in rheumatism.
27. The plant is considered to have anti tubercular properties.
28. They are also prescribed to stop nausea and vomiting and for relief from abdominal pain in pregnancy.
29. They are also given as an antidote to aconite poisoning, and used in poultices and other applications for wounds.
30. The seeds are also used for the treatment of diarrhea.
31. For its fresh and sweet smell, many people like keeping jujube leaves and flowers in their houses in order to keep the bugs and other insects away.
32. Jujube fruits are also found useful in the treatment of itching, which is caused by several skin disorders, hysteria.
33. It acts as energy booster in cases of fatigue, loss of energy and lack of appetite.
So, incorporate this low calorie fruit in your diet and reap several of jujube fruit benefits.
Jujube Fruit Side Effects –
There are no known side effects of jujube fruit.
But it is better to consult your physician before eating jujube fruit if you are suffering from
• intestinal parasites and/or
• excessive phlegm
If you are pregnant or lactating and breast feeding your baby, you should consult your physician.
Read more about Jujube:
Jujube Nutrition Facts
Jujube Tea Benefits
Current Health Articles
Return to HOME from Jujube Fruit Benefits