Healthy Tips for Diabetics
You can easily control Diabetes by following these healthy tips.
These are general guidelines to make you more fit.
1. Eat food at fixed hours.
2. Do not eat immediately after a workout.
3. Do not overeat.
4. If you are on insulin to control diabetes, make sure you have three proper meals with light snacks in between.
5. Do not eat fast; masticate and munch your food well before you swallow.
6. Drink a lot of water that will help flush the toxins off your system.
7. Make sure the gaps between your meals are short.
8. Avoid fried foods and sweets.
9. Include fresh vegetable salad in every meal.
10. Have at least 20 to 25 grams of raw onion daily.
11. Add wheat bran to your wheat flour (50% wheat flour + 50% wheat bran). This helps increase fiber in your diet.
You can also make diabetic flour by mixing wholegrain cereal, soybean, black gram, Bengal gram, wheat bran and barley.
You can also add flax seeds into the wheat flour.
12. Include sprouts in the diet. Sprouts are a fountain of nutrients.
It is very important to take certain precautions before you exercise as diabetics are more prone to low blood glucose levels. Ensure you take the following precautions:
1. Check your blood-glucose levels before and after exercising (If you are a known diabetic and your blood sugar levels are not under control).
2. Avoid hot tubs and saunas immediately after exercise.
3. Drink enough fluids to keep your body well hydrated.
4. Always carry a carbohydrate snack, candies /sweets or juice.
5. Avoid alcohol/tea/coffee consumption before and immediately after exercise.
Follow special diabetic diet after exercise.
Return To Home from Diabetes